It is clear now, that the railway simulator is very complex project, and the more people will be involved, the faster will the program be in a usable stage.
There is a lot of work in theese categories:
- designers for the graphic appearance of a project
- developers for the objects like vehicles, buildings, semaphores
- people who have experiences in railway traffic. It would be fine to write some basic tutorials about railway for developers. It is missing a lot the easy explanation of railway signaling devices activity and how they affect the trains. But also a lot of other useful informations.
- it would be fine to write some czech-english, english-czech dictionary of railway terminology. This would help to find needed informations in english written texts in the Internet.
- designer who would prepare any nice logo for the project
- the software testers - be free to apply now and when it will be needed, we will contact you :-)
People who can propagate the project to the general public are welcome. This people can do especially:
- place a link or clicable logo to their own web or homepages
- write a little notice about this project at a weblog or any other web magazine
- place a project into the list of links, if have any own project
- mention this project in a propper discussion, if take place in any
- join the news and watch, what is new here
We think, that a lot of subprojects to do here are suitable for the university activities (semestral works, thesis, ...).
Help with the project can even people specialized in things diferent from programing or railways. It needs some imagination, but any link can be always found. For example a videoamateur can prepare a shor trailer, and so on.
Please, if you want to become a co-worker, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The source codes download
The source codes can be downloaded anonymously from the CVS server. The example of commands:
cvs -f -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/ltrain login
[Just press Enter at the password prompt]
cvs -f -z3 -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/ltrain co ltrain